This project is no longer actively developed or maintained.
Google Compute Engine Ruby Sample Application
This is a simple command line example of calling the Google Compute Engine APIs in Ruby.
Please make sure that all of the following is installed before trying to run the sample application.
- Ruby 1.9.3+
The following gems (run 'sudo gem install ' to install)
If you haven't installed the above gems, try this:
- 'sudo gem install google-api-client thin launchy highline'
- The google-api-ruby-client library checked out locally, and this sample application running from inside of that repo.
1) Visit https://code.google.com/apis/console/ to register your application.
- From the "Project Home" screen, activate access to "Google Compute Engine API".
- Click on "API Access" in the left column
- Click the button labeled "Create an OAuth 2.0 client ID"
- Give your application a name and click "Next"
- Select "Installed Application" as the "Application type"
- Select "Other" under "Installed application type"
- Click "Create client ID"
2) Run 'cp client_secrets.json.sample client_secrets.json'
- Edit the client_secrets.json file and enter the client ID and secret that you retrieved from the API Console.
3) Edit 'YOUR_PROJECT_ID' in sample.rb to reflect your Google Compute Engine project name.
Running the Sample Application
- Run the application
- $ ruby sample.rb
- Authorize the application in the browser window that opens.
- The Google Compute Engine sample application will display its output on the command line.