Kritis (“judge” in Greek), is an open-source solution for securing your software supply chain for Kubernetes applications. Kritis enforces deploy-time security policies using the Google Cloud Container Analysis API, and in a subsequent release, Grafeas.
Here is an example Kritis policy, to prevent the deployment of Pod with a critical vulnerability unless it has been whitelisted:
imageWhitelist: - gcr.io/my-project/whitelist-image@sha256:<DIGEST> packageVulnerabilityPolicy: maximumSeverity: HIGH whitelistCVEs: - providers/goog-vulnz/notes/CVE-2017-1000082 - providers/goog-vulnz/notes/CVE-2017-1000081
In addition to the enforcement this project also contains signers that can be used to create Grafeas Attestation Occurrences to be used in other enforcement systems like Binary Authorization. For details see Kritis Signer.
- Learn the concepts in the Kritis whitepaper
- Get Kritis running with the Installation guide
- Try the Tutorial to learn how to block vulnerabilities
- Read the Resource Reference to configure and interact with Kritis resources
- Resolve image tags to hashes using the resolve-tags plug-in
See CONTRIBUTING for details on how you can contribute.
See DEVELOPMENT for details on the development and testing workflow.
Kritis is under the Apache 2.0 license. See the LICENSE file for details.