Visualizes a set of non-dominated optimal variants (Pareto Front) and allows for exploration and trade-off analysis. Read more in the paper Visualization and Exploration of Optimal Variants in Product Line Engineering. The current version can be used outside the product line domain: various design optimization problems, architecture exploration, packaging problems are supported.
ClaferMooVisualizer is part of Clafer Tools. Read more in the paper Clafer Tools for Product Line Engineering.
- Master branch (stable and released): ClaferMooVisualizer
- Develop branch (with newest features, but not guaranteed to be stable): ClaferMooVisualizer (development)
If the demo is down or you encounter a bug, please email Michał Antkiewicz.
- Displays all the non-dominated optimal product configurations as a Bubble Front Graph (up to 4 dimensions), a Feature and Quality Matrix, a Spider Chart, and as Parallel Coordinates Chart.
- Allows to compare and analyze product configurations.
- Allows for filtering by feature and by quality range.
- Supports multiple solver backends.
ClaferMooVisualizer is a web-based application.
Its server side (implemented with
Node.js) processes requests, runs the chosen back-end, and passes back its output.
The client-side is implemented using
- Alexandr Murashkin. Original developer.
- Eldar Khalilov. Developer. Upgrade to 0.4.2 (replace XML with JSON, test suites).
- Michał Antkiewicz. Research Engineer. Requirements, development, architecture, testing, technology transfer.
- Neil Vincent Redman. co-op student Jan-Apr 2013. Many improvements.
Installation and running
Dependencies for running
- Java Platform (JDK) v8+
- Clafer v0.4.4
- can be from the binary distribution
- Node.js Framework, v4.2.3 LTS
- Redis Server, v2:2.*
- On Ubuntu, execute
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:chris-lea/redis-server && apt-get install redis-server
- On Ubuntu, execute
- Backends' dependencies must be satisfied. See the backend installation steps below.
- Download (
git clone) ClaferMooVisualizer to some directory
- Go to
<target directory>/ClaferMooVisualizerand execute
git submodule init git submodule update
This will install the platform.
When working with a branch other then
master, you need to additionally checkout that branch (e.g.,
git submodule foreach git checkout develop
- Go to
<target directory>/ClaferMooVisualizer/Serverand execute
This will download all the required
- Install the necessary backends into some location
PATH. The default configuration in
The fastest way is to unzip a binary distribution into the folder
See Installing Backends for detailed steps.
Make sure the port
8092is free, or change the value of the key
"port" = "8092"to any free one.
PATHenvironment variables, so they can be executed without any path prefixes.
Running the following commands should produce the following results or later version:
java version 1.8.0_102
uploadsfolder is accessible for writing, since temporary files will be stored there.
If you use Shell scipts (
.sh) for running, make sure the scripts have
- To run the server in a standard mode, execute
cd <target directory>/ClaferMooVisualizer/Server/
- If you use
Node Supervisorunder Linux, you can execute
cd <target directory>/ClaferMooVisualizer/Server/commons chmod +x start.sh ./start.sh
Then you can go to any browser and type
http://localhost:[port]/ and open any Clafer file with objectives in it.
Trying an Example
Mobile Phone Example (2 objectives)example in the dropdown box in the upper-left corner of the tool window.
Optimizebutton right in the front of the drop down list.
- The views will be populated with generated optimal instances.
Important: Branches must correspond
All related projects are following the simultaneous release model.
master contains releases, whereas the branch
develop contains code under development.
When building the tools, the branches should match.
Releases from branches
master are guaranteed to work well together.
Development versions from branches
develop should work well together but this might not always be the case.