| --------------------------------------------- | hackoregon_transportation_systems |
2019 Transportation Systems APIs
The full documentation is at <http://hackoregon.github.io/>2019-transportation-systems-backend
- TODO (add what your project does)
Quickstart to install package in your own Django Project (Non-HackOregon Workflow)
pip install hackoregon_transportation_systems
Add subpackages to your
INSTALLED_APPS = ( ... 'toad', ... )
Add hackoregon_transportation_systems's URL patterns:
from hackoregon_transportation_systems.toad import urls as toad_urls urlpatterns = [ ... url(r'^', include(toad_urls)), ... ]
Setup your database with a matching schema
Run the project
This repo uses pytest and pytest-django to run tests.
For project development work, tests will be run in docker container using the bin/test.sh script:
Local development workflow
- Clone this repository.
- Open a command terminal. Copy the file
.env. Update the
.envfile with the proper RDS credentials.
- Make sure your Docker host is working.
- Open a command prompt and type
./scripts/build-run/build.sh -d. This will build the images. Open an issue if it doesn't work. NOTE: This command (and the one below) runs
sudoin the background, so you will likely be asked for your log-in password to provide permission to begin. Don't confuse this with the passwords defined in the
./scripts/build-run/start.sh -d. The containers will start up.
- When the database comes up, the API container will run a bunch of stuff and then start a server. You should see the Django success page at http://localhost:8000. (You may need to navigate to http://lhttp://localhost:8000/transportation2019/v1/schema/).
Tools used in rendering this package: