##About the project
Heardcloud is a web application that lets you effortlessly store all your music files and make them availabe anytime and everywhere you want. You can organize your songs inside the platform, edit all their attributes (like title, artists, artwork, ...) and download the updated files again to your system.
Why did I start this project?
Since music is one of my passions, I found that I had a bunch of songs distributed on a wide range of devices (desktop computer, laptop, hdds, pen drives, smartphone, tablets, etc) which were also in general duplicated. Because of that, I felt I needed something that would let me store all of them in one place where I could also organise my collection, editing their tags and making them available whenever I want to play or download again.
From all the programming languages that I've studied so far, Python es the one with which I'm feeling more comfortable. So, when I found Django, I immediately wanted to learn more about it.
Here is a list of everything you will need in order to run the project on your machine. But don't worry, if you read the next section, you will find how to install easily.
How to install
$ git clone https://github.com/mpvillafranca/hearcloud.git $ cd hearcloud $ sudo bash dependencies.sh $ sudo pip install virtualenv $ virtualenv hcenv $ source hcenv/bin/activate (hcenv)$ pip install -r requirements/local.txt (hcenv)$ python manage.py migrate (hcenv)$ python manage.py runserver
All the code developed for the Headcloud project is licensed under GNU AFFERO GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 3. You can check the license terms here.
- Django REST framework: Web APIs for Django.
- django-cors-headers: A Django App that adds CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing) headers to responses.
- Django FM: Modal AJAX form to create, update and delete Django objects with ease.
- Mutagen: Python module to handle audio metadata.
- Easy-Thumbnails: Thumbnailing application for Django
- jQuery File Upload: to allow users upload multiple file songs at the same time.