Apache Cordova Firefox OS implementation
- Android SDK must be installed
- on Mac OSX you need to have Xcode & the Command Line Tools for Xcode
- on Windows you need to have CYGWIN
- Firefox OS device with OS Version 220.127.116.11 prerelease or Firefox OS simulator add-on
How to get started:
- Bootstrap your computer so to make sure that you have all the prerequisites for building Firefox
- instructions can be found under the "Build prerequisites" section on the following page: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Simple_Firefox_build
- Clone the Firefox repository: git clone git://github.com/mozilla/mozilla-central.git
- Build Firefox by following the instructions under the "Building" on the following page: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Simple_Firefox_build
- Clone the cordova-firefoxos repository
If Deploying to device:
- Modify the XPCSHELL constant in the Makefile to point to the location of xpcshell on your computer
- Modify the ADB constant in the Makefile to point to the location of adb on your computer
- Make sure the Firefox OS device has remote debugging enabled. To enable remote debugging navigate to the following settings on the device: Settings->Device Information->More Information->Developer->Remote Debugging.
- Run the Makefile by typing "make" into the command line.
- The device should prompt you to allow a remote connection, your Apache Cordova Firefox OS app will be installed to the device once you accept the prompt.
If Deploying to simulator:
- Open the Firefox OS simulator add-on by going to Tools->Web Developer->Firefox OS Simulator
- Start the simulator
- Click on the Add Directory button and then choose the manifest.webapp file in the framework folder of your Apache Cordova app.