#TeamCity Visual Studio Gallery (vsix) Plugin
- Download the latest
teamcity-vsix-gallery.zipfrom the releases page, compatible with your TeamCity installation
- Put the zip file into your TeamCity Data
D:\TeamCity\data\plugins) OR install it via the Plugins List page in TeamCity Administration settings
- Restart the TeamCity service
Before using the plugin, however, several operations must be performed:
- Enable the guest account: Visual Studio does not support authenticated feeds, so a guest access must be enabled before using the VSIX Gallery.
- In your TeamCity, open the Administration page, and go to Authentication, located under Server Administration
- Make sure Allow login as guest user is checked:
- Configure your project to include your
.vsixas a build artifact:
- Go to your build configuration, and in the Artifact path, make sure your
.vsixis copied to the artifacts root, e.g.:
- Reset the
- Go to Diagnostics, and click the Caches tab
- Click Reset next to the
Copy this link, and add it to the Extensions and Updates in the Tools - Options dialog in your Visual Studio (as pictured above)
That's it! From now on, every new build will be automatically indexed, and appear as an update in your gallery!
The plugin is written in a mixture of Kotlin and Java, and built with IntelliJ IDEA 14 Community with the Kotlin plugin. Building is done via maven.
If you want to build the plugin yourself, you need to define an environment variable called
TEAMCITY_DATA_DIRECTORY, pointing to your TeamCity Data directory.
install phase of this plugin takes the packaged zip file and copies it into the
plugins directory under the TeamCity Data directory, and restarts the TeamCity service!
Bugs? Questions? Suggestions?
Please feel free to report them and send me a pull request!