imageHandler is a PHP (gd) back end class package managing
- crop region, resize, adapt size and convert
- of bmp, jpg, gif, png, xbmp and xbm image types with preserved proportions and (for gif/png) transparency.
ImageHandler offers also availability 'on-the-fly'
- using a web (REST GET/PUT, json) service interface.
Anonymous (source and/or output) filenames (without extension) and remote image resources are supported.
The imageHandler interface is simple :
the source image filename or url
the crop, (re-)size and/or adapt directives in pixels or percent of the source image size.
If the crop and size arguments are set simultaneously, cropping is done before (re-)sizing.
The imageHandler output mode is
- download, will open a 'save file'-box in browser
- stream, (default) usable in a 'src' statement in a HTML page, (showing a 'thumbnail')
- save, saves (cropped/resized/adapted) image on disk
Output image type for the managed image is (default) png. Non-resizable images types are returned 'as is'.
The class package includes
- the PHP imageHandler class, doing the hard work,
- the PHP interface script, offering service availability,
- a PHP 'index.php' page, usable for testing, evaluating and/or image reviewing, including a (separate) editable image crop/resize test schema.
The imageHandler class and index page supports PEAR log class or equivalents.
imageHandler is free for personal, evaluating and testing use, for commercial licences, visit kigkonsult.se!