The ibis4template project is meant as a starterkit for creating a new ibis applications.
What is ibis
An ibis is an application is an implementation of the IAF (Ibis Adapter Framework) and can be used to build backend applications or integration component wich will run on any java machine
- Download and unzip
[Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers] Select and download your favorite Eclipse version (http://eclipse.org/downloads/packages/)
(64-bit Eclipse doesn't work with 32-bit JRE/JDK it will fail without any error message).
- Start Eclipse
Use with Java 7 or higher. You might want to use -vm in eclipse.ini.
Close "Welcome" screen.
Window, Open Perspective, Other..., Java EE.
- Newline settings
Make sure that the default text file line delimiter is set to Unix and default encoding is set to UTF-8:
Window, Preferences, General, Workspace, New text file line delimiter: Unix, Text file encoding: UTF-8.
Make sure Maven is able to access the internet. E.g. when behind a proxy:
Window, Preferences, Maven, User Settings, settings.xml should exist and contain proxy configuration.
Window, Open Perspective, Other..., Git, OK,
Clone a Git repository, URI: https://github.com/ibissource/ibis4template.git, Next, Next, Finish.
- Install Server
If no servers are available. Click this link to create a new server...,
Apache, Tomcat v7.0 Server or higher, Next, Browse..., select the root folder of a Tomcat installation
(when not available download Tomcat
(version 7.0.22 is known to work, but other version are expected to work too)), OK, Finish.
- Configure Server
Double click Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost, Open launch configuration, Arguments, VM arguments, add
Next click Modules tab, Add Web Module..., iaf-example, OK, File, Save
Right click Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost, Start.
- Start ibis4template on your local machine
Open a webbrowser and goto http://localhost:8080/ibis4template/ to check if ibis4template is running
In some cases you might want/need to:
- Rightclick ibis4template, Maven, Update Project..., OK.
- Enable Project, Build Automatically
- Right click Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost, Clean...
- Change newlines in .classpath and org.eclipse.wst.common.component files back to Unix newlines.
- Rightclick pom.xml (in ibis4template), Run As, Maven build..., JRE, make sure a JDK (not a JRE) is used, Refresh, Refresh resources upon completion,
- The local Maven repository might contain corrupt jar files which for example will result in java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/ProceedingJoinPoint when starting Tomcat. Remove the jar file from the repository to make Maven download the file again.
- Sometimes the m2e tool crashes during the download resulting in corrupted overlays. You can resolve this by cleaning the target/m2e-wtp/overlays directory.
- git clone https://github.com/ibissource/ibis4template
- mvn package
- mvn jetty:run
After modifying a project file:
- cd .. ; mvn clean install ; cd example ; mvn jetty:run
The jetty-maven-plugin requires Maven 3 and Java 1.7.