Retrospect-GDS is an easy to use software application for displaying your genealogy information on the web
- Project page: http://github.com/infused/retrospect-gds
- Report bugs: http://github.com/infused/retrospect-gds/issues
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with Retrospect-GDS in the subject line
- Gedcom 5.5 import (tested with gedcom files containing over 250,000 individuals)
- Mutliple language support:
- Search by given and/or surnames with or without soundex
- Full text search of location and note fields
- Reports in HTML and PDF formats
- Uses the Smarty template system to simplify template creation and modification
- Supports current web standards. Output is fully compliant with XHTML 1.0 Transitional specifications
- Compatible with PHP’s Safe Mode enabled
- All events, marriages, and children are sortable by date
- Selectable date formats
- Experimental plugin that uses a Coppermine gallery to host photos or other images.
- Microsoft SQL
- Just about any operating system capable of running PHP, a web server, and one of the supported databases
- PHP version 4.3.0 or higher
(The MIT Licence)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.