Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
#Electric Imp Office Sensor Hub
I've raved about Electric Imp before - I pretty much suggest getting one just to experience the magical way that you program it.
What is Electric Imp, you ask? It's a beautiful marriage between cloud and physical device that makes large scale IoT deployments very easy. Even better - it's cheap. The particular breakout board I'll be going over how to use comes with temperature, humidity, pressure, and gyroscopic sensors built-in in addition to 4 Grove connector pins for even more plug-and-play sensors.
With the ImpExplorer, I set up an entire office monitoring hub for $40. And, excluding some code troubleshooting, the entire thing was up and running in less than an hour.
In this step-by-step tutorial, you will:
- connect your Imp-powered breakout board to a local WiFi network
- use onboard sensors to measure temperature, humidity, and pressure
- use Grove connectors to add a light and motion sensor
- use the Electric Imp IDE to stream collected data to a cloud visualization service (https://www.initialstate.com)
- turn that information into your personal dashboard that you can access on your laptop or mobile device