Hackish York CompSci Timetable Parser
(I've no idea if it works very well)
Basically, coming into the third year I didn't want to have to work through all the timetable AGAIN, particularly with all the different modules and so on. So I spent a few hours hacking together this timetable parser based around BeautifulSoup and iCalendar.
How to use it
- Download your timetable file (in HTML format). timetable.html here is the 3rd year timetable
- Hack it about a bit: remove all <center> and </center> tags, the day headers and any other cruft around the %lt;table%gt;. Anything that isn't a 3 letter module needs to go (e.g. things called Talk2) or changed to a 3 letter module (the code relies on looking for 3 letter acronyms).
- Save it as timetable.html (or adjust the source code of parser.py)
- Install [iCalendar] ic, a Python library that does clever things to make iCal files.
- Run csyorkttparser.py and tell it your modules.
How to help
- Make my Python proper Python, and make it do fancier things and not be quite so hacky.