Library to detect what video and audio codecs a browser supports.
From a Terminal window, go to your project directory and run this command*:
bower install codec-detect --save
* Requires Bower.
Alternatively, you could manually download either files from the master branch:
How to use this library
See the examples. More documentation to come soon.
See Github issues list.
- MDN: Media formats supported by the HTML audio and video elements
- HTML5 Audio — The State of Play
- Can I use the HTML5 audio element?
- Can I use the HTML5 video element?
- StackOverflow: How to detect supported video formats for the HTML5 video tag?
- StackOverflow: Media Queries: How to target desktop, tablet and mobile?