Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 36 million developers.Sign up
- New: Chunks can be deleted from regions.
- New: Limited support for nonstandard short-array tags, used by some mods. Read/update/delete support only.
- Improvement: Tags are sorted alphabetically with compound tags leading (thanks codewarrior)
- Improvement: Chunks under region nodes will list their world coordinates in addition to local coordinates.
- Improvement: Any NBT file can be opened in the open-file dialogue regardless of extension (thanks codewarrior)
- Improvement: More NBT extensions recognized by directory tree view.
- Fix: Tags can be pasted into an empty list (thanks maruohon)
- Fix: Crash when searching compound tags that have keys differing only by case.
- Improvement: Basic search checkboxes are unchecked by default and auto-check when you start typing.
- Fix: Crash when refreshing nodes that contain a list tag on a modified path.
- Fix: Error logs wouldn't actually write out.
- Fix crash when refreshing an unexpanded node.
- Improved error logging on application crash.
- Fixed bug in editor "Replace" where non-wildcard tags set to "ANY" would match every tag in the system.
- Paths now support wildcard (*) and glob (**) at any level, allowing you to enumerate all matching tags and apply commands to each one.
- New NBTUtil.exe command-line utility to inspect and modify NBT data.
- Common functionality split out into new support file NBTModel.dll.
- Added "Open in Explorer" context menu to some nodes. (contrib by flarn2006)
- Added secret hold ctrl while clicking "open folder" to use alternate open folder dialog. (contrib. by flarn2006)
NBTUtil is a new tool and currently only supports a small subset of NBTExplorer's functionality. Namely, you can print nodes, edit scalar tag values, and set the contents of lists. New functionality may be added gradually based on requests or contributions by other developers. NBTUtil uses the same unified path model as NBTExplorer for navigating filesystems and various NBT source files.