jQuery-JSONP is a compact (1.8kB minified), yet feature-packed, alternative solution to jQuery's implementation of JSONP.
jQuery-JSONP is released under the MIT license.
You can download jQuery-JSONP here (full text and minified versions available).
- error recovery in case of network failure or ill-formed JSON responses,
- precise control over callback naming and how it is transmitted in the URL,
- multiple requests with the same callback name running concurrently,
- two caching mechanisms (browser-based and page based),
- the possibility to manually abort the request just like any other AJAX request,
- a timeout mechanism.
jQuery-JSONP publishes a
For instance, as of version 2.3.0, $.jsonp() returns a promise when used in conjunction with jQuery 1.5+.
jQuery-JSONP has been tested and runs within all major browsers, namely:
- Internet Explorer 6+
- Firefox 2+
- Chrome 1+
- Safari 3+
- Opera 9+
jQuery-JSONP has also been tested with jQuery 1.3.x up to 1.7.x