|Info:||An introspective interface for Django and MongoDB.|
This Project is Being Moved to Jazzband
In late 2015 @garrypolley and I agreed to move this project to the @jazzband organization. Since we've both been off MongoDB for several years, maintaining this project ourselves no longer makes sense. By handing this to Jazzband, we are:
- Putting the project in a place where it will be maintained and extended.
- Removes the time and effort needed to continue to accept and manage pull requests for a project we no longer wish to maintain but has a somewhat active user base.
django-mongonaut is an introspective interface for working with MongoDB via mongoengine. Rather then attempt to staple this functionality into Django's Admin interface, django-mongonaut takes the approach of rolling a new framework from scratch.
By writing it from scratch I get to avoid trying to staple ORM functionality on top of MongoDB, a NoSQL key/value binary-tree store.
- Automatic introspection of mongoengine documents.
- Ability to constrain who sees what and can do what.
- Full control to add, edit, and delete documents
- More awesome stuff! See http://django-mongonaut.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html#features
Made as easy as possible, setup is actually easier than django.contrib.admin. Furthermore, the only dependencies are mongoengine and pymongo. Eventually django-mongonaut will be able to support installations without mongoengine.
Download the right version per http://www.mongodb.org/downloads
Get mongoengine (and pymongo):
pip install mongoengine=>0.5.2
Get the code:
pip install django-mongonaut==0.2.20
Install the dependency in your settings.py:
INSTALLED_APPS = ( ... 'mongonaut', ... )
You will need the following also set up:
No need for autodiscovery() with django-mongonaut!
Add the mongonaut urls.py file to your urlconf file:
urlpatterns = patterns('', ... (r'^mongonaut/', include('mongonaut.urls')), ... )
django-mongonaut will let you duplicate much of what django.contrib.admin gives you, but in a way more suited for MongoDB. Still being implemented, but already works better than any other MongoDB solution for Django. A simple example:
# myapp/mongoadmin.py # Import the MongoAdmin base class from mongonaut.sites import MongoAdmin # Import your custom models from blog.models import Post # Instantiate the MongoAdmin class # Then attach the mongoadmin to your model Post.mongoadmin = MongoAdmin()
All the documentation for this project is hosted at http://django-mongonaut.rtfd.org.
- mongoengine >=0.5.2
- pymongo (comes with mongoengine)
- sphinx (optional - for documentation generation)
Code of Conduct
This project follows the Jazzband.co Code of Conduct.