Under https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Git+Parameter+Plugin you find information about
- Plug-Info (useage)
- Known Limitations/Bugs
Here you find information relevant for developer for this plugin.
- Visit https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Hosting+Plugins for information about developing Jenkins-Plugins
- You may checkout/clone this project and build it by simply calling
mvn clean installin the root of the checkout. Test your changes by going to your Jenkins-CI site and import the generated
target/git-parameter.hpiby going to your base URL +
jenkins/pluginManager/advanced. There you find an option to upload a plugin.
- The Jenkins-CI of this plugin can be seen at DEV@cloud. The status is
Pull Request Policy
If you want add some change for this plugin, first add the issue in jenkins JIRA.
Describe there why you need change the plugin.
11/02/2017 Version 0.9.0
- JENKINS-47110: Retrieving Git references do not work with variable in Repository URL
- JENKINS-47078: IndexOutOfBoundsException for pipeline job
- JENKINS-39530: Add support to Pipeline projects
- PR #54: Help improvement: complete English translation, and reorder items
09/04/2017 Version 0.8.1
- JENKINS-46216: Null Pointer exception when no default parameter provided
- JENKINS-45577: [Git Parameter Plugin] Parameter does not support the definition from CLI
- JENKINS-46624: fix remote name
- JENKINS-46185: Set browser focus to filter after the QuickFilter has been filled
- JENKINS-46038: Extend list of supported type with pull request
- JENKINS-26799: Multiple SCMs plugin support part 3 (Work fine when selected revisions)
- JENKINS-42313: Default Value not honoured
06/02/2017 Version 0.8.0
- JENKINS-26799: Multiple SCMs plugin support part 2
- JENKINS-40523: Include Jenkins Project Name in Log message
- JENKINS-40232: Git Parameter Plugin doesn’t need to clone
01/23/2017 Version 0.7.2
- JENKINS-41091: git-parameter:0.7.1 breaks the multi-line parameters in rebuild
11/27/2016 Version 0.7.1
- JENKINS-39366: Add support for a rebuild-plugin
- JENKINS-26799: Multiple SCMs plugin support
09/10/2016 Version 0.7.0
- JENKINS-37555: Better support for internationalization
- JENKINS-37595: Add support for polish localization
- JENKINS-37370: Retrieving Git references do not work with variable in “Repository URL”
- JENKINS-37953: Add support to ProxySCM
- JENKINS-37738: Update dependency in plugin and cleanup in pom
- JENKINS-34876: Git Parameters not working for Pipeline projects and Jenkinsfile from SCM
08/06/2016 Version 0.6.2
- JENKINS-36833: Race Condition Populating Multiple Tag Parameters
- JENKINS-36934: No return value passed to the url
- JENKINS-31939: The top value is better to be chosen by default of to have such option (part 3)
07/19/2016 Version 0.6.1
- JENKINS-31939: The top value is better to be chosen by default of to have such option (part 2)
07/06/2016 Version 0.6.0
- JENKINS-36104: Add Repo SCM support (Derron Hu)
- JENKINS-16290: git parameter plugin doesn’t support Jenkins slave setup with git repos checked out only on slaves
- JENKINS-35363: Git parameter filter doesn’t work
05/03/2016 Version 0.5.1
- JENKINS-34425: Git parameter plugin skips one build number while populating tags
- JENKINS-34544: NPE After update to 0.5.0
- JENKINS-34574: After cleaned workspace doesn’t show branches
04/03/2016 Version 0.5.0
1. User interface
- JENKINS-27435: Quick branch filter (Thank Bruno P. Kinoshita for inspiration)
- JENKINS-33963: Branch filter does not save the value (part of the work Joe Hansche)
- JENKINS-33361: Long release number in branch, tag or revision name
- JENKINS-33084: Git Parameter plugin should prune stale remote branches (@darashenka)
- JENKINS-31939: The top value is better to be chosed by default of to have such option
- JENKINS-33831: Revision Parameter Type: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
- JENKINS-33912: Refactoring Test Case
01/16/2015 Version 0.4.0
- Possibility to select branch, tag or branch (Alban Dericbourg)
- Keep complex logics in jelly as less as possible (Yestin Sun)
- support folders (Nicolas De Loof)
- Minimized pom.xml as suggested by Jesse Glick
- Removed LICENSE.txt as suggested by Jesse Glick
14/05/14 Version 0.3.2 (Code is same 0.3, needed because mvn release:prepare release:perform did not work)
14/05/14 Version 0.3.1 (Code is same 0.3, needed because mvn release:prepare release:perform did not work)
09/05/14 Version 0.3
- Runs a fetch each time the user enters the “Build with parameter”.
- With an empty workspace the tags are calculated after we made a checkout. This may take a long time.
- Added MIT-LICENSE.txt to use the same license as Jenkins-CI.
- Added Contributors.textile
- Display month not minutes in date. Add HH.mm. Display only first 8 chars of SHA1 (Niklaus Giger)
- Merging SortMode from graeme-hill
- Add backup pluginRepository (Gabor Liptak)
- Use GitTool to query configured location of the git executable (gliptak)
- Upgrade to git 2.2.0. (christ66)
- Run clone when fetch fails on workspace empty (Gabor Liptak)
- Build against latest stable Jenkins-CI version 1.554.1
- New maintainer/developer
02/21/12 Version 0.2
- Corrected error – plugin wasn’t showing anything after change of main Git Plugin
- Corrected major disfunctionality – plugin now it showing revisions only from correct job/project.
- Adding support for choosing branch from which revisions/tags are returned
11/01/11 Version 0.1
- Initial Release
- Add a new method listRemoteTags(URL) to git-client-plugin to use. Will speed up listing tags and avoids cloning/fetching the content.
- Fix the pending issues from
- Even though the GIT SCM module has the ability to provide “credentials” (SSH key) for the repository, the git-parameter plugin doesn’t seem to use them. Issue lukanus
- Allow translations by converting all html stuff to jelly
- Add explanation when configuring the sort mode
- Allow regular expressions when sorting.
- Better testing. How to we test the configuration dialog? How do we test whether correct tags are listed when a user triggers a build?
This plugin was offered to the community by lukanus (Łukasz Miłkowski <email@example.com>) end of 2011. He was active till February 2012.
In May 2014 ngiger (Niklaus Giger niklaus.giger) decided to maintain this plugin and bring in the various improvements made by others.
March 2016 klimas7 (Boguslaw Klimas) he began to the care and maintenance of the plugin.. We will see … :)