Under https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Git+Parameter+Plugin you find information about
- Plug-Info (useage)
- Known Limitations/Bugs
Here you find information relevant for developer for this plugin.
- Visit https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Hosting+Plugins for information about developing Jenkins-Plugins
- You may checkout/clone this project and build it by simply calling
mvn clean installin the root of the checkout. Test your changes by going to your Jenkins-CI site and import the generated
target/git-parameter.hpiby going to your base URL +
jenkins/pluginManager/advanced. There you find an option to upload a plugin.
- The Jenkins-CI of this plugin can be seen at DEV@cloud. The status is
01/16/2015 Version 0.4.0
- Possibility to select branch, tag or branch (Alban Dericbourg)
- Keep complex logics in jelly as less as possible (Yestin Sun)
- support folders (Nicolas De Loof)
- Minimized pom.xml as suggested by Jesse Glick
- Removed LICENSE.txt as suggested by Jesse Glick
14/05/14 Version 0.3.2 (Code is same 0.3, needed because mvn release:prepare release:perform did not work)
14/05/14 Version 0.3.1 (Code is same 0.3, needed because mvn release:prepare release:perform did not work)
09/05/14 Version 0.3
- Runs a fetch each time the user enters the “Build with parameter”.
- With an empty workspace the tags are calculated after we made a checkout. This may take a long time.
- Added MIT-LICENSE.txt to use the same license as Jenkins-CI.
- Added Contributors.textile
- Display month not minutes in date. Add HH.mm. Display only first 8 chars of SHA1 (Niklaus Giger)
- Merging SortMode from graeme-hill
- Add backup pluginRepository (Gabor Liptak)
- Use GitTool to query configured location of the git executable (gliptak)
- Upgrade to git 2.2.0. (christ66)
- Run clone when fetch fails on workspace empty (Gabor Liptak)
- Build against latest stable Jenkins-CI version 1.554.1
- New maintainer/developer
02/21/12 Version 0.2
- Corrected error – plugin wasn’t showing anything after change of main Git Plugin
- Corrected major disfunctionality – plugin now it showing revisions only from correct job/project.
- Adding support for choosing branch from which revisions/tags are returned
11/01/11 Version 0.1
- Initial Release
- Add a new method listRemoteTags(URL) to git-client-plugin to use. Will speed up listing tags and avoids cloning/fetching the content.
- Fix the pending issues from
- Even though the GIT SCM module has the ability to provide “credentials” (SSH key) for the repository, the git-parameter plugin doesn’t seem to use them. Issue lukanus
- Allow translations by converting all html stuff to jelly
- Add explanation when configuring the sort mode
- Allow regular expressions when sorting.
- Better testing. How to we test the configuration dialog? How do we test whether correct tags are listed when a user triggers a build?
This plugin was offered to the community by lukanus (Łukasz Miłkowski <email@example.com>) end of 2011. He was active till February 2012.
In May 2014 ngiger (Niklaus Giger niklaus.giger) decided to maintain this plugin and bring in the various improvements made by others.