This is version 4.4 of the AmiSSL library for Amiga based operating systems. Version 4.x is a new major release which comes with full compatibility to the OpenSSL 1.1.x line which includes important security related fixes and comes with new encryption ciphers which are required nowadays to connect to modern SSL-based services (e.g. HTTPS). However, due to fundamental changes in the API between the old AmiSSLv3 and new v4 versions and the large changes between the old OpenSSL 0.9.x and the new OpenSSL 1.1.x line applications have to be recompiled with the updated AmiSSL SDK to take full advantage of the modernized OpenSSL 1.1.x API. Besides that fundamental change, AmiSSLv4 can be installed on top of a AmiSSLv3 installation while still ensuring that applications compiled for AmiSSLv3 will continue to work properly.
All applications compiled to use AmiSSL 4.0-4.2 will automatically use AmiSSL 4.4 once installed. Unfortunately, due to some errors that were made in AmiSSL 4.3, applications compiled to specifically use AmiSSL 4.3 will need to be recompiled with the AmiSSL 4.4 SDK in order for them to be able to use AmiSSL 4.4.
This release comes with binaries for the AmigaOS4/PPC and AmigaOS3/m68k platform only. Unfortunately, due to lack of motivated developers we couldn't provide native binaries for the MorphOS/PPC or AROS (PPC, i386, x86_64) platform. If you are, however, interested in seeing AmiSSL v4 being ported to these other Amiga-based platforms, please try to find motivated and talented developers who join our team as maintainers for these alternative platforms. In addition, if you are a MorphOS or AROS developer yourself, feel free to send pull requests to see your platform supported in one of the next releases.
- AmigaOS 4.0+/PPC, AmigaOS 3.0+/68020+ or MorphOS
- Updated OpenSSL backend to full compatibility to latest OpenSSL 1.1.1d (10.09.2019) version.
- Applications compiled with the AmiSSL 4.3 SDK will need to be recompiled to use this release (if the AmiSSL 4.0-4.2 SDK was used, those applications do not need recompiling and will automatically use AmiSSL 4.4).
- Updated root certificates to latest Mozilla-based bundle provided by https://curl.haxx.se/ca/
- Now includes separate 68020-40 and 68060 optimised versions.
- Fixed poor 64-bit integer math performance (including erratic mouse movement) specific to 68060 processors, caused by software emulation of instructions not present on 68060 processors.
- Added 68060 optimised 64-bit multiplication routine from vbcc with permission by Frank Wille.
- Improved BN performance for 68060 (disabled m68k asm replacement as it's slower due to the above).
- Improved elliptic curve performance for all m68k processors.
- Fixed the OS3 target from crashing on systems with a 68020/030, but without an FPU (#37).
- Disabled Poly1305 FPU algorithm on Tabor A1222 (#38).
- Fixed TLS 1.3 cipher lookup failures on OS4, caused by compiler bug (#35).
- OpenSSL.doc not updated for the last 14 years, but now automatically updated for each new release.
- Fixed crashing OpenSSL command on OS3 (#28).
- Fixed OpenSSL command not making path to openssl.cnf correctly (#34).
- Fixed OpenSSL command -out parameter (#33).
- OpenSSL s_server command can now be interrupted with Ctrl-C.
- Install script fixes for MorphOS (#41).
- Fixed include files for vbcc/m68k compilation (#20).
- Minor improvements/fixes.
Please find the necessary installation archive as a lha archive file attached to this release. The SHA256 checksum for it is: