This gems makes it possible to use Capybara for (partially) remote testing. It inherits most functionality from the RackTest driver and only uses Mechanize for remote requests.
It is currently in use to test the integration between a Rails application and Twitter authorization and sharing.
This gem is a Capybara extension. I have been inspired by the Capybara driver and some earlier efforts for a Mechanize driver.
Thanks to Pinkelstar for giving me the time and the need to develop this gem.
gem install capybara-mechanize
A @mechanize tag is added to your hooks when you add the following line to your env.rb
The following scenario will then be using the Mechanize driver
@mechanize Scenario: do something remote When I click the remote link
When you want to use this driver to test a remote application. You have to set the app_host:
Capybara.app_host = "http://www.yourapp.com"
Note that I haven't tested this case for my self yet. The Capybara tests pass for this situation though so it should work! Please provide me with feedback if it doesn't.
Then you are ready to run the test like so
bundle exec rake spec
- Test this driver with non-rack/non-ruby projects
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Jeroen van Dijk. See LICENSE for details.