SPSS Research Methods
This repository contains a set of tutorials that I have used to teach research methods to I/O psychology students. A particular emphasis is on using syntax, reproducible workflow in SPSS, managing metadata, and scale construction.
It contains six tutorial exercises.
- Introduction to data analysis
- Correlation and regression
- Group differences
- Moderators and mediators
- Exploratory factor analysis
- Confirmatory factor analysis
Each exercise includes several folders
- Instructions: This folder includes one or more Word documents with the exercise and answers.
- data: This folder includes raw data and meta data used in the tutorial exercises. There are often raw csv files as well as various SPSS sav files. The exercises are designed to teach students how to import and process csv files in SPSS.
- output: These folders often include a copy of much of the SPSS output in PDF form as well as some syntax files.
To use the repository it is recommended that you download the ZIP file.
Earlier versions of the corresponding lectures can basically be found in the teaching resources section of my website under multivariate methods.
Author: Dr Jeromy Anglim, Deakin University Licence: Tutorial exercises are given a creative commons licence CC BY 3.0. Raw data files and data descriptions retain whatever licence they had previously.