All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
Filterrific major versions match the Ruby on Rails major versions they work with.
[5.0.1] - Jan. 2, 2018
- Changed all instances of #deep_stringify_keys back to #stringify_keys. This was changed in 5.0.0, but it shouldn't have been changed.
[5.0.0] - Dec. 31, 2017
- We're switching to a new versioning strategy for Filterrific: Filterrific major releases (the first number in the version) will be matched with the supported major version of Rails. Minor and path versions may diverge from Rails. That means for any version of Rails 5.x you will use the most current version of Filterrific 5.x.
[4.0.0] - Dec. 31, 2017
- This is the first release of Filterrific specifically geared towards Rails 4.x. No functional changes, just new versioning system and removal of unused code.
[3.0.0] - Dec. 31, 2017
- This is the first release of Filterrific specifically geared towards Rails 3.x. No functional changes, just new versioning system and removal of unused code.
[2.1.2] - Nov. 11, 2016
- Removed older way of initializing assets, relying on config/initializers/assets.rb for all versions of Rails.
[2.1.1] - Nov. 11, 2016
- Reverted asset initialization back to working state for versions prior to Rails5.
[2.1.0] - Nov. 6, 2016
- Updated filterrific for Rails 5 compatibility:
- Turbolinks compatibility (thanks @olegantonyan)
- Updated to Ruby 2.2.2 in CI test matrix
- Added Ruby 2.3.1 to CI test matrix (thanks @rodrigoargumedo)
- Fixed #stringify_keys deprecation warning (thanks @olegantonyan)
- When generating sorting headers, allow usage of HTML (e.g., for icons) using #safe_join (thanks @ScottKolo)
- Improved param casting to Int: hyphens and zeros (thanks @grit96)
[2.0.5] - May 4, 2015
- Feature: Allow disabling of session persistence by passing
- Fix: Direction indicators on sortable headers are now correct.
- Fix: Make JS event observers work with TurboLinks.
- Fix: Make reset_filterrific_url available in controller.
[2.0.4] - Mar. 10, 2015
- Objectify nested params so that they render correctly on the form when restored from session or URL params.
- Don't convert strings that almost look like integers to integers. Example:
"0123"as part of a phone number should not be converted to
[2.0.3] - Jan. 30, 2015
- Cleaned up obsolete option names
[2.0.2] - Jan. 28, 2015
- Fixed bugs in ActionControllerExtension
- Improved test coverage
[2.0.1] - Jan. 28, 2015
- Fixed regression with Rails 3.2 (doesn't support
[2.0.0] - Jan. 28, 2015
- Filterrific model API option names have changed.
- Better initialization of Filterrific via
- It resets the filter params, so the
reset_filterrificaction is not required any more.
- It persists filter params in session.
- It resets the filter params, so the
@filterrific.findmethod to load collection from DB. Replaces
form_for_filterrificform builder doesn't override the standard
form_formethod any more.
- Dropped support for Ruby 1.8.7 (because of 1.9 Hash syntax)
- Dropped support for Rails <= 3.0.0 (because of ActiveRecord bug fixes in 3.1, and use of asset pipeline)
[1.4.3] - Jan. 12, 2015
- Handle case where Filterrific filter params are empty.
[1.4.2] - Oct. 18, 2014
- Updated initialization of ActiveRecord and ActionView extensions again
[1.4.1] - Oct. 15, 2014
- Updated initialization of ActiveRecord and ActionView extensions
[1.4.0] - Oct. 13, 2014
- Better support for new versions of Rails (integration tests are done in filterrific_demo)
- Fixed asset pipeline for filterrific-spinner.gif.
- Update Gem dependencies
- Switch from Rspec to Minitest
- Require Rails 3.1 or greater
[1.3.1] - Jun. 18, 2014
- Changed ParamSet#select_options so that a complete hash can be assigned
[1.3.0] - Jun. 3, 2014
Added ParamSet#select_options (thanks @pnomolos).
Added ParamSet#signature to quickly test two param_sets for equality.
Bugfix: When using with Rails 4.0: Fixed ‘wrong number of arguments 0 for 1’ exception (thanks @sebboh).
Bugfix: jQuery bug in
form_forhelper (thanks @sebboh).
Bugfix: removed duplicate dependency in .gemspec.
Updated Gemfile source
Refactored ParamSet initialization.
Refactored ActiveRecordExtension initialization.
[1.2.0] - May 16, 2013
- Added simple wrapper for Filterrific::ParamSet.new so that it can be instantiated with Filterrific.new instead of Filterrific::ParamSet.new.
- Overrode ActionView's form_for to add filterrific magic when applied to a Filterrific object.
- Moved observe_form_field jquery plugin into filterrific namespace to avoid conflicts.
[1.1.0] - May 8, 2013
- Major refactor.
- Added specs.
- Tied in Rails asset pipeline.
- Added gh-pages branch for documentation.
[1.0.1] - Nov. 9, 2011
- Bug fix: Replaced stringify_keys with map.to_s (filter_names is an Array, not a Hash!).
[1.0.0] - Nov. 9, 2011
- Support for Rails 3.1.
- New model api.
[0.1.0] - Aug. 1, 2010
- Replicate functionality of Rails 2.3 version.
[0.0.1] - Jul. 30, 2010
- Initial setup.