Virtual host scanner
This is a basic HTTP scanner that'll enumerate virtual hosts on a given IP address. During recon, this might help expand the target by detecting old or deprecated code. It may also reveal hidden hosts that are statically mapped in the developer's
The tool comes with a few basic options. They are listed below and help narrow down virtual hosts.
ruby scan.rb --ip=192.168.1.101 --host=domain.tld
Here's a list of all available options:
- --ignore-http-codes: a comma-separated list of HTTP status codes to be ignored in the scan results. This may become useful when the scan results are poluted with false-positives that are identified by their HTTP response code.
- --ignore-content-length: a content length filter which should be ignored in the scan results. This may become useful when a server returns a static page on every virtual host guess.
- --port: when the web server isn't running on port 80.
- --wordlist: specify an alternative location for the wordlist.
offdepending on whether you want to connect with SSL.
- --output: optionally specify an alternative file to write the output to. Defaults to
output.txtin the current directory.
There's a default, small, wordlist in this repository. To use your own wordlist, use the --wordlist option. %s will be replaced with the given --host header in every line of the wordlist file.