Snowly is a simple CMS built using Laravel & Vue.js.
Snowly was (at first) created for my friends who needed a quick website that would allow them to post their thoughts, write articles, tell a little bit about themselves, get in contact with potential employer or show-off projects - this is why Snowly supplies you with a blog, articles, projects (fetched from github), about and contact page right out of the box - all of which (except Contact) can be entirely hidden.
While the whole system isn't very robust, it was more of a learning experience for me, but since my friends really enjoyed the outcome and use it on a daily basis - I've decided to release it to the public.
Table of Contents
- A decent admin panel created using Bootstrap (it's not pretty, but it works!).
- Premade pages, out of which all but 'contact page' can be hidden entirely.
- Responsive design that'll work on all (99%) devices.
- Modern design, highly intuitional and effective.
- Premade elements like: codeblock that allows you to display code with proper syntax highlighting
Clone the repository locally
git clone https://github.com/jonekcode/Snow.ly
Install required dependencies via composer
Generate a Laravel encryption key and your own
cp .env.example .env
php artisan key:generate
Create your own database via mysql and configure the connection in the
(Optional) Change Snow.ly specific
- If the application will run as localhost, change SNOWLY_ADMIN_DOMAIN to admin.localhost
Start the server and login as admin/admin by default
php artisan serve
I haven't setup a proper environment for the preview, but here's a pack of screenshots: