V-USB MIDI implementation for Adafruit Trinket. Also supports Adafruit Pro Trinket.
avrdudeand some flavor of GNU
- Follow Adafruit instructions and test you can flash .hex files with avrdude
- Modify Makefile if needed to change part and programmer definitions (based on step 2).
- Enter command-line, change to TrinketMIDI directory and type
make allto build everything.
- Connect (Pro) Trinket to your computer, wire a switch between pin #2 and GND
- Push reset button on your Trinket and type
- In a moment, you'll have a MIDI device and the button sends middle C note!
NOTE: Different part numbers and definitions are needed for Trinket and Pro Trinket! If you switch between the two,
make sure to force recompiling everything with
make clean first!
Other demos (if any) are named
demo_xxx.c and can be built with
make demo_xxx.hex and flashed with
USB initialization and oscillator calibration methods in trinketusb.c are from Adafruit TrinketKeyboard library and licensed under LGPL v3
V-USB MIDI device descriptors and V-USB skeletop functions in vusbmidi.c are from Martin Homuth-Rosemann's V-USB MIDI project and licenced under GPL v2
Original code licenced under GPL v3 which should be compatible with both of the above. Enjoy!
EVERYTHING COMES AS-IS, USE AT YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY! See source and licence files for additional disclaimers.