Unreal C++ Tutorial
Player Character Series – Punch – Part 4 - Sounds
This is the fourth video our Player Character series taking about sounds.
The topics we are going to cover in this tutorial are:
- Intro - 00:55 - Sound considerations and why they are important in game design
- Audio Resources - 03:38 - Finding free sounds using freesound.org
- Tools - 05:19 - Editing those sounds using Audacity
- Import Audio - 11:55 - And finally importing them into Unreal for future use
Additionally here are a number of good resources for free music and sound ( as long as you include the correct copyrights )
- Free Sound - https://freesound.org/- collection of various amateur and professional sounds
- Soundbible - http://soundbible.com/royalty-free-sounds-1.html - another grouping of free sound effects
- Unreal Marketplace: Human Vocalizations - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/human-vocalizations - a lot of questionable grunts
- 99Sounds - http://99sounds.org/free-sound-effects/ - tons of content from sound effects to music
As well as a link to a few different Audio Editors:
- Audacity - https://www.audacityteam.org/ - free tool we covered in the video.
- oceanaudio - https://www.ocenaudio.com/ - another free tool, competitor to Audacity .
- Free Audio Editor - https://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Audio-Editor.htm - another free editor, easy to use for cutting.
- Hya-Wave - https://wav.hya.io/#/fx - web based audio editor.
- vlc - https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html - for converting audio in a pinch.
You can find more details here: http://jollymonsterstudio.com/2018/12/01/unreal-c-tutorial-player-character-series-punch-part-4-sounds/
You can find the associated video tutorial here: https://youtu.be/i8QQdr0Lo_Y
Hope this helps, Thanks.