What is this?
- This is a Joomla! 4.x installation/upgrade package.
- Joomla's Official website.
- Joomla! 4.0 version history.
- Detailed changes are in the changelog.
What is Joomla?
- Joomla! is a Content Management System (CMS) which enables you to build websites and powerful online applications.
- It is a simple and powerful web server application which requires a server with PHP and either MySQL or PostgreSQL to run. You can find full technical requirements here.
- Joomla! is free and Open Source software distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later.
Is Joomla! for you?
- Joomla! is the right solution for most content web projects.
- View Joomla's core features here.
- Try it out for yourself in our online demo.
How to find a Joomla! translation?
- Repository of accredited language packs.
- You can also add languages directly to your website via your Joomla! administration panel.
- Learn how to setup a Multilingual Joomla! Site
- Read 'Getting Started with Joomla!' to learn the basics.
- Before installing, read the 'Beginners' Guide'.
What are the benefits of Joomla?
- The functionality of a Joomla! website can be extended by installing extensions that you can create (or download) to suit your needs.
- There are many ready-made extensions that you can download and install.
- Check out the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED).
Is it easy to change the layout display?
- The layout is controlled by templates that you can edit.
- There are a lot of ready-made professional templates that you can download.
- Template management information is available here.
Ready to install Joomla?
- Check the minimum requirements.
- How do you install Joomla?
- You could start your Joomla! experience by building your site on a local test server. When ready, it can be moved to an online hosting account of your choice.
Updates are free!
- Always use the latest version.
Where can you get support and help?
- The Joomla! Documentation;
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ);
- Find the information you need;
- Find help and other users;
- Post questions at our forums;
- Joomla Resources Directory (JRD).
Do you already have a Joomla! site that isn't built with Joomla! 4.x?
- What's new in Joomla! 4.x?
- What are the main differences between 3.x and 4.x?
- How to migrate from 3.x to 4.x.
- How to migrate from 2.5.x to 3.x.
- How to migrate from 1.5.x to 3.x.
Do you want to improve Joomla?
- Where to request a feature?
- How do you report a bug on the Issue Tracker?
- Get Involved: Joomla! is community developed software. Join the community.
- Documentation for Developers.
- Documentation for Web designers.