Django Job Board
django-job-board is a dead simple django based pluggable job board application that is extracted from the original Scrum8 and is currently live at http://jobs.scrum8.com
To install django-job-board on your django site, you need these two django applications:
- django-commons : http://github.com/scrum8/django-commons/
- django-wmd-editor : http://github.com/scrum8/django-wmd-editor/
- mootools-textarea-resizer : http://github.com/scrum8/mootools-textarea-resizer
django-job-board on your django site, you would need to do the following steps:
django-job-boardwith its dependencies to your django project
INSTALLED_APPSsettings as such:
INSTALLED_APPS = ( 'django.contrib.humanize', 'django.contrib.markup', ... 'job_board', 'wmd', 'commons', )
If you already have django-commons and django-tagging installed, then you don't need to add it again on the
django-job-boardto your url settings. If job board is the root url in your project then you need to add the following url configuration to
If not then you may add it as such::
Synchronize the database with:
$ python manage.py syncdb
Add the job categories from django admin
django-job-boardshould be available on your site now
You may customize and override django-job-board according to your needs.
In your django-project's
TEMPLATE_DIRS you may add 'job_board' directory underneath it.
The templates that should exist under this directory are:
- form.html : This is the template for the add new job
- base_form.html : This is the actual form that is shared between form.html and preview.html
- list.html : This is the template for displaying the currently listed jobs
- view.html : This is the template for displaying the detail of the job
- preview.html : This is the template for previewing the data before it is submitted to the database
- feed.html : This is the template for displaying the job feeds. You may or may not override this template.
Copyright (c) 2009 Scrum8 (http://scrum8.com) under BSD License.