Django Job Board
django-job-board is a dead simple django based pluggable job board application that is extracted from the original Scrum8 and is currently live at http://jobs.scrum8.com
To install django-job-board on your django site, you need these two django applications:
- django-commons : http://github.com/scrum8/django-commons/
- django-wmd-editor : http://github.com/scrum8/django-wmd-editor/
- mootools-textarea-resizer : http://github.com/scrum8/mootools-textarea-resizer
To install django-job-board on your django site, you would need to do the following steps:
Add django-job-board with its dependencies to your django project INSTALLED_APPS settings as such:
INSTALLED_APPS = ( 'django.contrib.humanize', 'django.contrib.markup', ... 'job_board', 'wmd', 'commons', )
If you already have django-commons and django-tagging installed, then you don't need to add it again on the INSTALLED_APPS configuration.
Add django-job-board to your url settings. If job board is the root url in your project then you need to add the following url configuration to urls.py:
If not then you may add it as such::
Synchronize the database with:
$ python manage.py syncdb
Add the job categories from django admin
django-job-board should be available on your site now
You may customize and override django-job-board according to your needs. In your django-project's TEMPLATE_DIRS you may add 'job_board' directory underneath it. The templates that should exist under this directory are:
- form.html : This is the template for the add new job
- base_form.html : This is the actual form that is shared between form.html and preview.html
- list.html : This is the template for displaying the currently listed jobs
- view.html : This is the template for displaying the detail of the job
- preview.html : This is the template for previewing the data before it is submitted to the database
- feed.html : This is the template for displaying the job feeds. You may or may not override this template.
Copyright (c) 2009 Scrum8 (http://scrum8.com) under BSD License.