Lectures on scientific computing with Python
A set of lectures on scientific computing with Python, using IPython notebooks.
To open these notebooks in IPython, download the files to a directory on your computer and from that directory run:
$ ipython notebook
This will open a new page in your browser with a list of the available notebooks.
Should this error
[TerminalIPythonApp] WARNING | File not found: u'notebook' pop up, please install Jupyter by following the instructions and execute the following command to run the notebook:
$ jupyter notebook
Online read-only versions
Use the following links:
- Lecture-0 Scientific Computing with Python
- Lecture-1 Introduction to Python Programming
- Lecture-2 Numpy - multidimensional data arrays
- Lecture-3 Scipy - Library of scientific algorithms
- Lecture-4 Matplotlib - 2D and 3D plotting
- Lecture-5 Sympy - Symbolic algebra
- Lecture-6A C and Fortran integration
- Lecture-6B HPC
- Lecture-7 Revision Control Software
A PDF file containing all the lectures is available here: Scientific Computing with Python
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.