Python 3 library for accenting (and analyzing the accentuation of) Ancient Greek words.
For more of my work on Ancient Greek, see http://jktauber.com/.
pip install greek-accentuation==1.2.0
on_penultwill now return an oxytone rather than None if input only has one syllable
- handle VVι cluster better
- fixed calculation of coda when syllable is vowel+macron+smooth
syllabify.is_diphthongnow works with uppercase letters (fixes a syllabification bug when capitalized word begins with diphthong)
syllabify.add_necessary_breathingnow returns a NFKC normalized form (improving rebreath/debreath roundtripping)
possible_accentuationsnow correctly gives paroxytone as a possible accentuation when penult is long and length of ultima is indeterminate
- fixed persistent accent placement where original accent needs to change from circumflex to acute
syllabify.add_necessary_breathingnow works with uppercase initial vowels
syllabify.add_necessary_breathingcan optionally add rough breathing
characters.add_breathingproperly handles macrons
- modules moved into
- universal wheel build
0.9.9 removed some unnecessary code
0.9.8 add_necessary_breathing now properly handles initial vowels with iota subscripts
0.9.7 fixed another bug in macro + breathing + accent case
0.9.6 fixed a bug in macro + breathing + accent case
0.9.5 breathing is now considered part of the onset and syllabification now works on words containing macron + breathing + accent on the same vowel
0.9.4 fixed syllabification of words containing macron and acute on same vowel
0.9.3 improved onset, nucleus, coda, and syllabify in cases where input has no vowels.
0.9.2 fixed some edge-case bugs in syllable_morae and contonation and got doctest coverage to 100%.
0.9.1 slightly improved persistent accent calculation by falling back to recessive if out of syllables (rather than raising an exception).
- initial documentation
- allow ~ to be used for unspecified vowel
- allow | to be used as a wall the accent can't cross
- allow treatment of final AI/OI length to be settable
- added option to treat unmarked vowels as short by default
- 0.8 fixed bug in nucleus/coda calculation
- 0.7 added make_proparoxytone function
- 0.6 fixed another bug where possible_accentuations wouldn't work with single syllable words
- 0.5 fixed bug where possible_accentuations wouldn't work with single syllable words
- 0.4.1 added classifiers for PyPI
- 0.4 handle explicit length markers on vowels
- 0.3 attempts to make a word perispomenon or properispomenon will fall back to oxytone and paroxytone respectively if first attempt fails
- 0.2 better handling of final αι/οι
- 0.1 initial release