Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Release 4.4.2 is a bug fix release.
- Fix builds for ARM and on VisualStudio
- Fix segfault on old Intel machines that do not support AVX.
- Better code organization to treat SIMD instruction sets of different architectures
- Improved end-of-search detection when used with DNN
- Fix incorrect path handling in dnnconf. Now the paths in dnnconf are handled as relative to the dnnconf file.
All users of 4.4 and 4.4.1 are recommended to upgrade to this version.
Many fixes and SIMD enhancement since 4.4. Everyone using 4.4 should replace it with this version.
- support more SIMD instruction set: FMA, SSE and ARM NEON for DNN
- choose SSE/AVX/FMA function automatically at run time by CPUID.
- "INSTALL.txt" now has build information (required packages etc.) for several OS, all tested.
- PortAudio and zlib sources are included for easy VisualStudio build
- bugs fixed:
- incorrect binhmmlist reading
- work-around for SDL library for adintool-gui
- pkg-config support
- other minor fixes for stability
Now Julius-4.4 has built-in DNN computation! It can perform a simple, on-the-fly DNN-HMM based speech recognition alone. See 00readme-DNN.txt for its current implementation, limitation and more descriptions. The next version of our dictation kit, which will come within several weeks, will demonstrate its performance.
Other features include:
- New tools
- adintool-gui: GUI version of adintool
- binlm2arpa: reverse convert binary N-gram to ARPA format
- "mkbingram" now support direct charset conversion of binary LM
- Now does not exit at connection lost in module mode
- Bug fixes
See "Release.txt" for full list of updates, run "configure --help=recursive" to see all configure options, and
run compiled Julius with "-help" to see the full list of available options.
Version 4.3 includes several new features to support on-line DNN-HMM
decoding: decoding with state output probability vectors ("outprob
vectors") as input, network-based feature / outprob vector input,
improved cepstral variance normalization (CVN) for real-time
recognition, FBANK/MELSPEC feature support and so on. Also the tool
"adintool" is now capable of extracting and sending feature vectors in
real-time via network.
Version 4.3.1 is a bug fix release.
- [-input vecnet] read feature / outprob vectors from network
- [-input outprob] read outprob vectors from HTK parameter file
- [-outprobout [file]] save computed outprob vectors to HTK file (for debug)
A short test of network-based feature transmission:
% julius -C file.jconf -input vecnet
[client with microphone]
% adintool -in mic -out vecnet -paramtype MFCC_E_D_N_Z -veclen 25 -C file.jconf
You should set appropriate feature vector's type and length to
adintool with "-paramtype TYPE", "-veclen length". You should also
set feature extraction parameters as the same as Julius. Since
adintool uses JuliusLib for the extraction, it accepts Jconf file and
setting options as same as Julis. So the easier way is to apply the
same Jconf file to adintool with "-C" option as shown above.
- Compilation error on OS X.
- Unnecessary debug messages in adintool.
- Several bugs around reading / applying "-cmnload".
- FBANK and MELSPEC support.
- Network-based feature vector and outprob vector input.
- Static mean/variance for cepstral mean/variance normalization.
- State output probability (i.e. outprob) vector input for DNN-HMM decoding.
- State ID "" extension of hmmdefs for DNN-HMM decoding.
- Real-time feature extraction and network transmittion by 'adintool'.
- "mkbinhmm" now keeps the state order and id of the original hmmdefs.
- For portaudio, pause / resume operation synced between engine and audio I/O
- Load / save cepstral mean/variance of CMN/CVN in HTK text format.
[-input vecnet] read feature / outprob vectors from network
[-input outprob] read outprob vectors from HTK parameter file
[-outprobout [file]] save computed outprob vectors to HTK file (for debug)