Data Journalism University Courses and Programmes
Project for collecting details on courses and programmes dedicated to teaching data journalism from around the world – with an initial focus on universities and higher educational institutions. This is very much a work in progress. If you'd like to help out, you can add or look at the issues.
To suggest a data journalism course or programme, please use the following format:
- Name - The full name of the course or programme
- Institution – The name of the university where the course is taught
- Country – The two letter country code (as per ISO 3166-1 alpha-2)
- Level – The level of the course - either "Undergraduate" or "Postgraduate"
- Type – The type of course – either "Module", "Programme" or "Certificate"
- URL – The full URL where further details about the course can be found (ideally with details of the course or programme rather than for the overarching degree or institution)
NOTE: This project is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 4.0 license. By contributing to this project you agree that your additions will be made available under the terms of this license.
Other relevant initiatives
- Dan Nguyen's collection of Computer-Assisted Reporting and Data Journalism Syllabuses
- Charles Berret and Cheryl Phillips's report on "Teaching Data and Computational Journalism" (New York: Columbia Journalism School, 2016)
- Splendore, S., Di Salvo, P., Eberwein, T., Groenhart, H., Kus, M., & Porlezza, C. (2016). Educational strategies in data journalism: A comparative study of six European countries. Journalism, 17(1), 138–152. https://doi.org/10.1177/1464884915612683