Mailgun plugin for Kanboard
Use Mailgun to create tasks directly by email or to send notifications.
- Send emails through Mailgun API
- Create tasks from incoming emails
- Frederic Guillot
- License MIT
- Kanboard >= 1.0.40
- Mailgun API credentials
You have the choice between 3 methods:
- Install the plugin from the Kanboard plugin manager in one click
- Download the zip file and decompress everything under the directory
- Clone this repository into the folder
Note: Plugin folder is case-sensitive.
Use Mailgun to send emails
You can configure Mailgun from the user interface or with the config file.
Use the user interface
Set the API credentials in Settings > Integrations > Mailgun:
- This URL is used to receive incoming emails
- Copy and paste your Mailgun API key
- Enter the domain name that you have registered in Mailgun control panel
Set the mail transport in Settings > Email Settings:
- Define an authorized email sender (an email address with the same domain as the one registered in Mailgun)
- Select "Mailgun" as mail transport and save
Use the config file (alternative method)
Define those constants in your
config.php file to send notifications with Mailgun:
// We choose "mailgun" as mail transport define('MAIL_TRANSPORT', 'mailgun'); // Mailgun API key define('MAILGUN_API_TOKEN', 'YOUR_API_KEY'); // Mailgun domain name define('MAILGUN_DOMAIN', 'YOUR_DOMAIN_CONFIGURED_IN_MAILGUN'); // Be sure to use the sender email address configured in Mailgun define('MAIL_FROM', 'email@example.com');
Use Mailgun to create tasks from emails
This integration works with the inbound email service of Mailgun (routes). Kanboard use a webhook to handle incoming emails.
Create a new route in Mailgun control panel:
- Select "Match recipient" for expression type
- In the recipient field, enter the email address of the Kanboard project
- In the action field, copy and paste the Mailgun Webhook URL from Kanboard
The Mailgun webhook url is displayed in Settings > Integrations > Mailgun.
Make sure your application URL is correctly defined otherwise the generated URL will be wrong.
You must define an email address for your project:
- Set an email address for your project (in Edit Project)
- The sender email address must be same as the user profile in Kanboard
- The user must be member of the project
- Make sure the application url is defined correctly in application settings
- Tasks will be created in the first active swimlane
- Only email with textual content or simple HTML can be interpreted because the content is converted in Markdown by the plugin
- For unknown senders you can now accept them into a project by specifying a user to accept the task - this is configurable on a project level - leaving the setting blank will cause unknown senders to be ignored.
- Update help link URL
- Tasks created by incoming email are assigned to the recipient
- Add support for Reply-To header
- Add original email body as attachment
- Add support for attachments
- Use project email address instead of project identifier (Kanboard >=1.0.39)