|Author:||Keegan Carruthers-Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
A plugin for Amarok 1 and 2 that updates your Pidgin status message with what you are currently listening to.
If you want to update your Gaim status message, look for the AmarokGaim package.
- Amarok (Tested on Amarok 1.4.10 or Amarok 2.0-SVN-Neon Jan 14 2009)
- Pidgin with D-Bus support (Tested on Pidgin 2.5.2)
- Python with D-Bus support (Tested on Python 2.5.2 (Should also work with Python 2.4))
- DCOP client (If using Amarok 1. Tested on KDE 3.5.10)
- Optionally depends on chardet for better character decoding. [http://chardet.feedparser.org/]
- Supported variables in STATUS_MESSAGE are:
- $lyrics variable displays a single line from the lyrics of the song. The lyrics must be fetched by Amarok first.
- More configuartion options can be found in AmarokPidgin.ini, which can be found in ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/scripts-data/
- To edit the list of expletives edit censor_words in AmarokPidgin.ini. Words are | separated
All variables that go in the STATUS_MESSAGE can now be filtered by a user supplied function. This is done using the configuration options variable_map and variable_imports. variable_map is a function which accepts 2 strings (Variable, Value) and returns a string. variable_imports runs possible imports required for variable_map.
variable_map = lambda x,y : y and ("'"+y+"'") or ''
variable_map = lambda x,y : y or ("Unknown " + x.capitalize())
variable_map = lambda x,y : ' '.join(['i' + s.capitalize() for s in y.split()])
AmarokPidgin now has rudimentary Amarok 2 support. It does not support many of the variables, updating your buddy icon and configuration from Amarok. To configure you have to edit AmarokPidgin.ini, which can be found in ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/scripts/AmarokPidgin.
This software is distributed under the GPLv2. Please read COPYING for more information.
- Version 0.2.2 (Development)
- Buddy Icon support for Amarok 2.
- Passive Popup in Amarok 1 when a user tries to configure who does not have kdialog installed.
- Version 0.2.1 (03/03/2009)
- Executible bit was not switched on! So could not install in Amarok 1.
- Version 0.2 (11/02/2009)
- Your Buddy Icon can now be set to the currently playing song's album cover. Set cover_icon to true in the config file to enable.
- Made Media status type "tune". To update:
- Stop AmarokPidgin in Amarok
- Delete Media status in Pidgin
- Start AmarokPidgin in Amarok
- New variables $rating and $score.
- Version 0.1.9 (16/05/2008)
- New variables: $year, $nowPlaying, $lyricsURL and $lyrics. Based on a patch by Hieu Hoang.
- Variable Map. Based on work by Ryan Davis.
- Seems to work with Pidgin 2.4.0 now.
- Media status is of type Avaliable now by default.
- Version 0.1.8 (09/02/2008)
- Can use chardet library to decode strings.
- Testing of the new decoding routine thanks to David Partain.
- Fixed bug with status not returning to Media.
- Quick hack to prevent crashes on debugging output.
- Version 0.1.7 (02/08/2007)
- Closes script when Amarok sends SIGTERM. (Thanks to Kiyoshi Murata)
- Only media status is updated. No changing status anymore on song change.
- Pausing only changes status if status is on Media. (Thanks to Vasilis Vasaitis)
- Version 0.1.6 (27/05/2007)
- Changed project name to AmarokPidgin
- Updated codebase to use purple. With thanks to the following
- Tony Bassette
- Thomas Bird
- Luigi Capriotti
- Version 0.1.5 (05/04/2007)
- Can now change nick instead of status message.
- Updates to unicode handling.
- Updates status type if necessary (Thanks to Vasilis Vasaitis)
- Version 0.1.4 (20/11/2006)
- Fixed a bug with misbehaving kdialogs. (Thanks to Kartik Mohta)
- Now changes Gaim's status back too default when script closes.
- Updates status if a song is playing when the script starts.
- Version 0.1.3 (14/11/2006)
- Now can block expletives in status message.
- Fixed a bug when reading in the configuration file.
- Version 0.1.2 (02/11/2006)
- Fixed unicode strings bug. (Thanks too Tim Su)
- Added basic configuration
- Version 0.1.1 (30/10/2006)
- Forgot to comment out logging =/
- Version 0.1 (25/10/2006)
- Initial Release