Automatic email unsubscriber in Python (Currently only supports Gmail)
Get an API Client ID and Secret
- Use this wizard to create or select a project in the Google Developers Console and automatically turn on the API. Click Continue, then Go to credentials.
- On the Add credentials to your project page, click the Cancel button.
- At the top of the page, select the OAuth consent screen tab. Select an Email address, enter a Product name if not already set, and click the Save button.
- Select the Credentials tab, click the Create credentials button and select OAuth client ID.
- Select the application type Other, enter the name "Unsubscribe", and click the Create button.
- Click OK to dismiss the resulting dialog.
- Click the Download button to the right of the client ID.
- Move this file to your working directory and rename it
- Label any message in Gmail that you want to be unsubscribed from with the label "Unsubscribe"
pip install -r reqs.txt
- "Unsubscribed from: Sender_Name" -> Unsubscription was successful (Finished work)
- "Could not unsubscribe: Sender_name" -> There was no unsubscribe link in the header (Nothing to do)
- "Already Unsubscribed from: Sender_name" -> Already unsubscribed successfully during this session (Skipping)
- "Finished Cleanup" -> Removed the "Unsubscribe" label and deleted the message