GitHub Time Tracking
Add time tracking to the GitHub Issue Tracker (Issues 2.0) with Harvest.
- Register the free Harvest account.
- Install the Google Chrome Extension or Firefox Add-On
- Whenever you visit the issues page on GitHub a new button appears next to the #ticket-number
- With one click you can start to track the time. The dialog also shows the sum of time already spent by you on this ticket.
- Harvest provides great project reports - with links back to the GitHub tickets.
- You can track a contract progress based on the estimated time/costs limits, which is very helpful. The system can also send people reminder to fill the time sheets online.
- It is also possible to directly create nice looking invoices and estimates or track late payments.
Code is available in GitHub. Once you download / clone the code to your computer you can alter the functionality and create your own variants of this extension.
$ cfx xpi
$ zip -r github-time-tracking.zip manifest.json data img lib