What is the Cluster API?
The Cluster API is a Kubernetes project to bring declarative, Kubernetes-style APIs to cluster creation, configuration, and management. It provides optional, additive functionality on top of core Kubernetes.
Note that Cluster API effort is still in the prototype stage while we get feedback on the API types themselves. All of the code here is to experiment with the API and demo its abilities, in order to drive more technical feedback to the API design. Because of this, all of the prototype code is rapidly changing.
To learn more, see the Cluster API KEP.
Join the sig-cluster-lifecycle Google Group for access to documents and calendars.
Join our Cluster API working group sessions
Provider implementer office hours
Chat with us on Slack: #cluster-api
The code in this repository is independent of any specific deployment environment. Provider specific code is being developed in separate repositories, some of which are also sponsored by SIG-cluster-lifecycle:
- AWS, https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/cluster-api-provider-aws
- AWS/Openshift, https://github.com/openshift/cluster-operator
- Azure, https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/cluster-api-provider-azure
- Baidu Cloud, https://github.com/baidu/cluster-api-provider-baiducloud
- DigitalOcean, https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/cluster-api-provider-digitalocean
- GCE, https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/cluster-api-provider-gcp
- OpenStack, https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/cluster-api-provider-openstack
- Tencent Cloud, https://github.com/TencentCloud/cluster-api-provider-tencent
- vSphere, https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/cluster-api-provider-vsphere
Following are the implementations managed by third-parties adopting the standard cluster-api and/or machine-api being developed here.
- Kubermatic machine-controller, https://github.com/kubermatic/machine-controller/tree/master
- Machine API Operator, https://github.com/openshift/machine-api-operator/tree/master
- Machine-controller-manager, https://github.com/gardener/machine-controller-manager/tree/cluster-api