New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Update crictl to v1.12.0 #69033

Merged
merged 1 commit into from Oct 2, 2018

Conversation

@feiskyer
Member

feiskyer commented Sep 25, 2018

What this PR does / why we need it:

Update crictl to v1.12.0: https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/cri-tools/releases/tag/v1.12.0.

cc @kubernetes/sig-node-pr-reviews @kubernetes/sig-cluster-lifecycle-pr-reviews
@kubernetes/sig-gcp-pr-reviews

/assign @Random-Liu @tpepper

Which issue(s) this PR fixes (optional, in fixes #<issue number>(, fixes #<issue_number>, ...) format, will close the issue(s) when PR gets merged):
Fixes #

Special notes for your reviewer:

Release note:

Update crictl to v1.12.0
@feiskyer

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@feiskyer

feiskyer Sep 25, 2018

Member

/retest

Member

feiskyer commented Sep 25, 2018

/retest

@tpepper

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@tpepper
Contributor

tpepper commented Sep 25, 2018

@tpepper

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@tpepper

tpepper Sep 25, 2018

Contributor

@kubernetes/sig-node-bugs is this a release blocker?

Contributor

tpepper commented Sep 25, 2018

@kubernetes/sig-node-bugs is this a release blocker?

@feiskyer

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@feiskyer

feiskyer Sep 25, 2018

Member

@Random-Liu Could you help to upload the file?

Member

feiskyer commented Sep 25, 2018

@Random-Liu Could you help to upload the file?

@tpepper tpepper added this to the v1.12 milestone Sep 25, 2018

@tpepper

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@tpepper

tpepper Sep 25, 2018

Contributor

/priority critical-urgent

Contributor

tpepper commented Sep 25, 2018

/priority critical-urgent

@feiskyer

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@feiskyer

feiskyer Sep 26, 2018

Member

@Random-Liu @tpepper Fixed now. PTAL

Member

feiskyer commented Sep 26, 2018

@Random-Liu @tpepper Fixed now. PTAL

@Random-Liu

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@Random-Liu

Random-Liu Sep 26, 2018

Member

/lgtm

Member

Random-Liu commented Sep 26, 2018

/lgtm

@k8s-ci-robot k8s-ci-robot added the lgtm label Sep 26, 2018

@tpepper

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@tpepper

tpepper Sep 26, 2018

Contributor

At its current rate this is unlikely to make 1.12.0. Without a bit of heroics it's going to be 1.12.1. Specifically:

First, still looking for approvers:

Second, while the post-thaw merging through tide is progressing it still probably has a day to so this change wouldn't merge until late today or early tomorrow which is our release day (after delaying it). Given this was found late, it wouldn't have merged for 1.12.0 on the original planned release day. That means it's not in the master branch to be a cherry pick candidate for release-1.12 branch.

I see three options here:

  • Delay the release again until this is merged and cherry picked. I'm not inclined to do this.
  • It's unfortunate, but since it would've already missed 1.12.0 in the original schedule, if we don't merge this, we fall back to marking it as a Known Issue in the 1.12.0 release note in #68840. This is the most realistic option in my opinion.
  • If it is viewed as a release blocker, if it is merge approved here and just in the backlog for master, we could consider doing a cherry pick of the commit into release-1.12 branch but from feiskyer/kubernetes instead of from master. If folks want to consider this route, it should happen ASAP like immediately, so we still get a day's worth of CI on release-1.12 branch.

Pending clear direction to the 1.12 release team from the stakeholders here that we must do otherwise and folks clearly declaring one of the options above as the chosen path, my assumption moving forward is that this will be 1.12.1.

Contributor

tpepper commented Sep 26, 2018

At its current rate this is unlikely to make 1.12.0. Without a bit of heroics it's going to be 1.12.1. Specifically:

First, still looking for approvers:

Second, while the post-thaw merging through tide is progressing it still probably has a day to so this change wouldn't merge until late today or early tomorrow which is our release day (after delaying it). Given this was found late, it wouldn't have merged for 1.12.0 on the original planned release day. That means it's not in the master branch to be a cherry pick candidate for release-1.12 branch.

I see three options here:

  • Delay the release again until this is merged and cherry picked. I'm not inclined to do this.
  • It's unfortunate, but since it would've already missed 1.12.0 in the original schedule, if we don't merge this, we fall back to marking it as a Known Issue in the 1.12.0 release note in #68840. This is the most realistic option in my opinion.
  • If it is viewed as a release blocker, if it is merge approved here and just in the backlog for master, we could consider doing a cherry pick of the commit into release-1.12 branch but from feiskyer/kubernetes instead of from master. If folks want to consider this route, it should happen ASAP like immediately, so we still get a day's worth of CI on release-1.12 branch.

Pending clear direction to the 1.12 release team from the stakeholders here that we must do otherwise and folks clearly declaring one of the options above as the chosen path, my assumption moving forward is that this will be 1.12.1.

@dims

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@dims
Member

dims commented Sep 26, 2018

@ixdy

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@ixdy

ixdy Sep 26, 2018

Member

/approve

Member

ixdy commented Sep 26, 2018

/approve

@ixdy

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@ixdy

ixdy Sep 26, 2018

Member

it looks like kubernetes/release#641 is the corresponding change in k/release, though it needs version-gating.

Member

ixdy commented Sep 26, 2018

it looks like kubernetes/release#641 is the corresponding change in k/release, though it needs version-gating.

@tpepper

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@tpepper

tpepper Sep 27, 2018

Contributor

@feiskyer if you want this in the Known Issues for 1.12.0, please put it in ##68840

Contributor

tpepper commented Sep 27, 2018

@feiskyer if you want this in the Known Issues for 1.12.0, please put it in ##68840

@feiskyer

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@feiskyer

feiskyer Oct 1, 2018

Member

ping @dchen1107 @yguo0905 for gci approval

Member

feiskyer commented Oct 1, 2018

ping @dchen1107 @yguo0905 for gci approval

@yujuhong

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@yujuhong

yujuhong Oct 1, 2018

Contributor

/lgtm

/assign @dchen1107
/assign @yguo0905

Contributor

yujuhong commented Oct 1, 2018

/lgtm

/assign @dchen1107
/assign @yguo0905

@dchen1107

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@dchen1107

dchen1107 Oct 2, 2018

Member

/lgtm
/approve

Member

dchen1107 commented Oct 2, 2018

/lgtm
/approve

@k8s-ci-robot

This comment has been minimized.

Show comment
Hide comment
@k8s-ci-robot

k8s-ci-robot Oct 2, 2018

Contributor

[APPROVALNOTIFIER] This PR is APPROVED

This pull-request has been approved by: dchen1107, feiskyer, ixdy, Random-Liu, yujuhong

The full list of commands accepted by this bot can be found here.

The pull request process is described here

Needs approval from an approver in each of these files:

Approvers can indicate their approval by writing /approve in a comment
Approvers can cancel approval by writing /approve cancel in a comment

Contributor

k8s-ci-robot commented Oct 2, 2018

[APPROVALNOTIFIER] This PR is APPROVED

This pull-request has been approved by: dchen1107, feiskyer, ixdy, Random-Liu, yujuhong

The full list of commands accepted by this bot can be found here.

The pull request process is described here

Needs approval from an approver in each of these files:

Approvers can indicate their approval by writing /approve in a comment
Approvers can cancel approval by writing /approve cancel in a comment

@k8s-ci-robot k8s-ci-robot merged commit da5730e into kubernetes:master Oct 2, 2018

18 checks passed

cla/linuxfoundation feiskyer authorized
Details
pull-kubernetes-bazel-build Job succeeded.
Details
pull-kubernetes-bazel-test Job succeeded.
Details
pull-kubernetes-cross Job succeeded.
Details
pull-kubernetes-e2e-gce Job succeeded.
Details
pull-kubernetes-e2e-gce-100-performance Job succeeded.
Details
pull-kubernetes-e2e-gce-device-plugin-gpu Job succeeded.
Details
pull-kubernetes-e2e-gke Job succeeded.
Details
pull-kubernetes-e2e-kops-aws Job succeeded.
Details
pull-kubernetes-e2e-kubeadm-gce Skipped
pull-kubernetes-integration Job succeeded.
Details
pull-kubernetes-kubemark-e2e-gce-big Job succeeded.
Details
pull-kubernetes-local-e2e Skipped
pull-kubernetes-local-e2e-containerized Skipped
pull-kubernetes-node-e2e Job succeeded.
Details
pull-kubernetes-typecheck Job succeeded.
Details
pull-kubernetes-verify Job succeeded.
Details
tide In merge pool.
Details

@feiskyer feiskyer deleted the feiskyer:crictl-update branch Oct 3, 2018

k8s-ci-robot added a commit that referenced this pull request Oct 5, 2018

Merge pull request #69326 from feiskyer/automated-cherry-pick-of-#69033
…-upstream-release-1.12

Automated cherry pick of #69033: Update crictl to v1.12.0
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment