Hotspot wifi app for YunoHost.
- Broadcast your own Wifi internet access in addition to your self-hosted web services.
- Without internet access, it's a PirateBox.
- With the VPN Client app for YunoHost, it's an encrypted Wifi internet access (eventually with neutral access, without filters, and with IPv6, depending on your VPN provider).
This YunoHost app is a part of the "La Brique Internet" project but can be used independently.
- WPA2 encryption
- 802.11n compliant
- IPv6 compliant (with a delegated prefix)
- Announce DNS resolvers (IPv6 with RDNSS/DHCPv6 and IPv4 with DHCPv4)
- Automatic clients configuration (IPv6 with SLAAC/DHCPv6 and IPv4 with DHCPv4)
- Set an IPv6 from your delegated prefix (prefix::42) on the server, to use for the AAAA records
- Web interface (screenshot)
Some other YunoHost apps have this Hotspot wifi app as prerequisite, in order to offer a service through a wifi access point.
With a multissid wireless card (most can do that), you can create multiple access points.
For example, you can create 3 hotspots:
You can then install and configure 3 other dependent apps on your YunoHost:
- PirateBox configured to use PirateBox,
- Tor Client configured to use torNetwork,
- VPN Client configured by default to use neutralNetwork because this hotspot is not used by another app in this case.
In this manner, with this example, you can provide 3 access points at the same time with 3 different services and only one wireless card.
- Debian Jessie
- YunoHost >= 2.2.0