Github High Scores is a fun way to rank Github repository contributors in a 8-bit, 80's-tastic viewing environment.
This is a Ruby Sinatra app, so you'll need to know some Ruby-Fu to get it working locally.
git clone git://github.com/leereilly/github-high-scores.git bundle install ruby app.rb
Fork + pull.
- Running with Ruby, Sinatra, Heroku
- Powered by the Github API
- Written by Lee Reilly
- Octocat logo used with permission
- Inspiration from http://twistedmatrix.com/highscores/
- Jonas Obrist a.k.a. ojii for pointing out than anonymous users were being ignored
- Chris Lee a.k.a. cleercode for corrocting my speeling
- Jesse Andrews a.k.a. anotherjesse for some UI cleanup
- Gerrit Riessen a.k.a gorenje - for some refactoring
Known Issues / Bugs / Limitations
- The GitHub API only allows 60 requests per minute per IP address.
- The site looks like some sort of 80s-tastic arcade theme.