Design Pattern Doc
What is Design Pattern Doc?
The Design Pattern Doc is a plugin that helps understanding software in terms of its design patterns, by reducing the mutual feedback loop between programming and documenting.
It contains the following features:
- Highlights and suggests documentation for source-code objects that play a role in a detected pattern instance (Design patterns are detected with the help of the DP-CORE tool, which we do not own).
- Displays pattern hints at the end of the lines where documented pattern participants are found (Object → PatternName:Role).
- UML pattern instance representation by hovering on top of documented pattern participants. The UML is generated by plantuml tool, which we do not own.
- Manual creation and edition of pattern instance's documentation.
- Definition of other design patterns, not initially supported by the plugin. These definitions will not be used in the automatic detection of design patterns by the DP-CORE.
Note: Graphviz should be installed in the OS to take full advantage of the UML class diagrams
For plugin developers:
- Open Intellij → File → New → Project From Version Control → your branch
- Use gradle to run the plugin:
- Or use it to build the Intellij plugin package: