Idris to Erlang Compiler and Libraries
- Install Erlang
- Setup a cabal sandbox, but its
bindir on your path.
- Install Idris HEAD into sandbox. I'm bad about keeping this constant, but right now you want at least commit idris-lang/Idris-dev@d2f892b502248429822df5bd51d8db9776e29e7c , but probably with lenary/Idris-dev@b257e4bfab04f0c38efd493cd40ee78677a40081 (which solves some gotchas with erasure and constructors).
- Checkout this repository and cd into its toplevel directory
- Install idris-erlang using
- Install the erlang package using
(cd libs/erlang; idris --install erlang.ipkg)
- Compile the runtime support using
(cd irts; erlc *.erl)
You're up and running. To invoke the compiler, use
$ idris --codegen=erlang --package=erlang Main.idr -o main.erl
Then run the program using
$ escript main.erl
If everything has worked, then you should be able to compile and run all the examples. If not, you may need to fiddle about with your cabal sandbox quite a lot more, which is effort.