CSS/JS Cache Buster for Magento
This Magento extension allows you to automatically add a version number to CSS and JS files to help bust browser caches.
Unlike other similar extensions this extension does not rewrite the Mage_Page_Block_Html_Head block. This is crucially important as it means it has greater compatibility with many other extensions that already rewrite that same block.
- Helps bust browser caches by adding a defined query string to JS and CSS assets.
- Uses no Model or Block rewrites! Does not rewrite the Mage_Page_Block_Html_Head block like other similar extensions.
- Requires no additional web server configuration.
- Admin setting to define the version to append.
- Option to automatically set a new version when Magento cache is flushed or refreshed.
- Clean code.
Tested on Magento CE 126.96.36.199. Should work on lower versions and equivalent EE. Almost certainly doesn't work with FPC.
How to use?
- Enable the extension under System -> Configuration -> Leytech Extensions.
- Enter the version number to append.
- Flush the cache.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 when you make changes to JS and CSS assets and wish to force browsers to re-download them.
Without this extension:
With this extension:
- Nothing really. Feature requests welcome.
This extension is provided free of charge as-is. We don't provide free support.
Pull requests and feedback welcome.