Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
- 100% Open source
- Compatible with Textmate color schemes (which is what ST is using)
- Compatible with Textmate syntax definitions (which again is what ST is using)
- Compatible with Textmate snippets
- Compatible with Sublime Text’s python plugin API. I’ll probably never implement this 100%, only the api bits I need for the plugins I use.
- Compatible with Sublime Text’s keybindings and settings (think most of it is working)
- Compatible with Sublime Text snippets
- Sublime Text’s Goto anything panel
- Multiple cursors
- Regression tests (Programming in Go makes it trivial and even fun to write them ;))
- Support for plugging in a custom parser for more advanced syntax highlighting.
- Clear frontend/backend separation
- Modular design (it should be possible to compile without python support for example)
- Terminal frontend UI (A custom termbox-go for 256 color mode used currently)
- Qt UI (via qml)
- Cross platform (It appears to be compiling and running on OSX and Linux last I tried, but needs further validation.)
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.