With this small extension you are able to copy the UNC path of a specific file or folder to your clipboard by righ-clicking the node and select "Copy UNC Path to Clipboard". This works either for local and network folders and files.
New version 2.1 released!
A lot of stabiliy issues fixed. Also just one installer for 32- and 64-bit. See [latest release] (https://github.com/limetree07/copy-unc-path/releases/tag/version_2.1.0).
- just one Installer now which automatically dedects if 32- or 64-bit and installs the correct version
- fixed "empty string" or "no action" if used on an UNC path (Issue #7)
- added all Visual C++ dependencies to run on all PCs (Issue #5)
- additional stability enhancements
- If the context menu entry does not appear after upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1, please consider installation repair!
- fully removed .NET dependency
- icons replaced
- added support for 32-bit applications on 64-bit systems (Issue #4)
- moved up position of context menu entry (Issue #3)
- change display behaviour for icon on Windows XP
- Tested on Windows 7 32-bit & 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit
Download featured installers from this page and run it as usual. The installer registers the shell extension for automatically. After installation the new option available.