Advanced Fly-By-Wire v1.7-beta
Kerbal Space Program input system overhaul mod
Latest version - 1.7-beta for KSP 1.1 and later
Download v1.7-beta (Linux, KSP x86/x64) (Requires libsdl2)
You can also find the mod on:
On Windows, simply extract the ZIP file into the root installation folder for your game. Often this is directly in
%ProgramFiles%. If you are using Steam, it will be located in
%ProgramFiles%\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program.
What is this?
This is a mod for Kerbal Space Program, a spaceship building/ space exploration game by Squad. It dramatically enhances the stock input system with a bunch of fixes and many new features.
How is it better than stock?
- Edit your control setup at any time during flight, no need to go back to the main menu to change bindings.
- Supports almost all controller types through the SDL wrapper.
- Native support for the Xbox 360 controller (and PS3 controller using MotionJoy) through the XInput wrapper. A built-in example preset is available.
- Unlimited number of controller buttons and axes
- Full keyboard & mouse support
- Lower latency and better analog precision than KSP's stock input
- Smart dead-zone detection and analog calibration
- Remaps analog inputs to achieve better precision
- Acceleration-based discrete inputs for precise keyboard flight
- Supports key combinations with an infinite number of keys
- Multiple presets per controller
- Extremely simple to configure and use
- Works alongside the stock input system. The mod will not override or break your current setup.
How to use
The mod adds a new button to the mod toolbar.
Click the game controller icon or press Shift + L during flight to bring up Fly-By-Wire's main configuration screen.
From there you will see a list of detected controllers. You can click on "Enable" to enable a controller from the list - two new buttons will appear - "Presets" and "Configure".
"Presets" will open up the preset editor which is very similar to KSP's stock bindings editor. Using the preset editor you can modify your controller layout at any time.
"Configure" will open up the controller configuration screen. It allows you to set some configuration values as well as calibrate the controller if necessary.
After setting up your controller you should save your game (by using quicksave or exiting to space center), which will automatically save your controller configuration as well.
Operating system compatibility
Fully tested and compatible with KSP x64 on Windows and Linux operating systems. XInput support unavailable on Linux.
The mod is extremely lightweight both on performance and memory. It only does a bit of arithmetic and remapping of incoming inputs which should have no noticeable effect on CPU usage. Memory usage is in the order of a few megabytes.
Please report any bugs using GitHub's issue tracker.