LiteSpeed Cache Plugin for Prestashop
LiteSpeed Cache for PrestaShop communicates directly with your installation of LiteSpeed Web Server to save and serve static copies of dynamic web pages, greatly reducing your shop’s page-load time. LSCPS is the only PrestaShop Cache module to support esi:include and esi:inline.
Install LiteSpeed Web Server Enterprise.
Disable any other page caches as these will interfere with LSCPS.
Download the LSCPS plugin.
Log in to your PrestaShop Admin, navigate to Modules > Modules & Services, and click on Upload a Module.
Select the LSCPS zip file.
Enable the module by navigating to LiteSpeed Cache > Settings and setting Enable LiteSpeed Cache to
Notes For Litespeed Web Server Enterprise (LSWS)
Make sure that your license includes the LSCache module enabled. A 2-CPU trial license with LSCache module is available for free for 15 days. The server must be configured to have caching enabled. If you are the server admin, click here. Otherwise request that the server admin configure the cache root for the server.
- Support for PrestaShop 1.6 and 1.7+.
- LSCPS supports multiple stores, multi-language, multi-currency, geolocation and mobile view.
- Integrated into both LiteSpeed Web Server and LiteSpeed Web ADC. Works in a single-server environment using LSWS, or a clustered environment using LS Web ADC.
- Caching is highly customizable on both a global level and a per-store basis. Tag-based caching allows purge by tag from external programs.
- Main page and public blocks are cached once and served to all users. Private blocks are cached per user and served only to that user.
- LSCPS automatically caches the following pages with a GET request (including AJAX GET): Home, Categories, Products, CMS, New products, Best sales, Suppliers, Manufacturers, Prices drop, Sitemap.
- User information can be cached privately via ESI blocks and auto purged when the information changes. Support for cart and account sign in are built in. Other third-party modules that contain private information can be easily added.
- Updates in the shop admin area automatically trigger a purge of any related pages in the cache.
- New client orders automatically trigger a purge of related product and catalog pages based on stock status or quantity (configurable).
- The cache can be manually flushed from within the PrestaShop admin.
- If a page contains products with specific prices, TTL will be auto adjusted based on special price effective dates.
Testing the Module
LSCPS utilizes LiteSpeed-specific response headers. Use your browser’s developer tools to check them: Select the Network tab and look at the response headers for the first file listed.
Visiting a page for the first time should result in a
X-LiteSpeed-Cache-Control:no-cache response header for the page.
Subsequent requests should have the
X-LiteSpeed-Cache-Control:hit response header until the page is updated, expired, or purged.
For additional instructions, tips, and ideas, please see the LiteSpeed Cache for PrestaShop documentation.