Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Faraday — your HTTP client on Rack
Faraday is an HTTP client lib that provides a common interface over many adapters (such as Net::HTTP) and embraces the concept of Rack middleware when processing the request/response cycle.
For talking to APIs in a secure way (HTTPS), see Setting up SSL certificates.
Apart from bundled request/response middleware that comes with Faraday, these 3rd-party project provide extra middleware:
- faraday_middleware (oauth requests, response parsing, caching, and more)
- faraday-stack (follow redirects, response parsing, and other) – deprecated in favor of faraday_middleware
- faraday_yaml (YAML request/response parsing)
- faraday_middleware-parse_oj (JSON response parsing with Oj)
- faraday_utf middlewares for processing utf
- faraday-request-timer (adds request time to responses)
External repositories for faraday adapters: