XDebug Controls for Local, because debugging happens.
Requirements and installation
- Well... Local
- XDebug Controls will only be available on custom sites
- To install the addon open Local, go to Preferences > Add-ons > Reveal add-ons folder and unzip the content of this repository in that folder. Or clone it using:
git clone https://github.com/lucatume/local-addon-xdebug-control.git
- Relevant XDebug settings are exposed by the addon as a list of select fields; I've picked some defaults for you but take your team to read what each does.
The add-on consists of a single page UI found under the More > XDebug Control menu.
Some sensible and relevant XDbebug settings are exposed; the
remote_host one is missing as the add-on is setting it for you.
I found a bug: what should I do?
Crap! Well: it happens.
There is a known issues where the data provided to the addon right after Local has started will be inconsistent; the symptom is that nothing will happen when clicking "More > XDebug Control".
The remedy is as old as IT: quit the app and restart it.
Before opening an issue be very very sure (very very sure, again) that your issue does not sound like "How do I configure XDebug to work with my IDE?"; I will try and support the addon, but Google is still your friend. Should this not solve the issue take the time to open an issue on this repository detailing:
- Mac or Windows?
- Your site settings (php version, web server, MySQL version and the like)
- XDebug Control settings (if any)
- Any other information you think might be useful
How do I debug this?
You can access the Developer Tools for the Local application using
Access the addon folder and run
npm install to pull the developer dependencies.
- an issue with XDebug deactivation
- updated code to be compatible with Local
- Fixed - yet another Windows dependency issue
- Fixed - a dependency issue that would prevent the Windows version from working correctly
- Fixed - some npm dependencies with known vulnerabilities
- Changed - Pretty much rewritten the code from scratch
- Changed - The XDebugt
remote_hostvalue is now set automatically from the add-on
- Fixed - loading functionalities and inconsistent behaviours
- Fixed - add a loading screen while fetching XDebug information from the container
- Fixed - the behaviour of the XDebug Control field list to apply unchanged settings too
- Added - use
F12to open the Developer Tools
- Added - the
electron-react-devtoolspackage to allow installing React tools in Developer Tools