Major release with Kubernetes v1.2.0
A lot of new features are in the largest release of Kubernetes on ARM yet made. Highlights include officially built Kubernetes v1.2.0 ARM binaries, much better performance and cluster insight via the
- Upgrade to Kubernetes v1.2.0 (Changelog), dashboard v1.0.0, etcd v2.2.5, registry v2.3.1
- Using official binaries built from my Kubernetes PR: kubernetes/kubernetes#19769
- Added cluster monitoring! Heapster v1.0.0, influxdb v0.10.3 and grafana v2.6.0
- Changed to "native" kubelet mode. No more
--containerizedhack. Makes it possible to use Downward API
- Switched to
udpas the default
flannelbackend for improved performance as @larmog suggested. Also made the option
registrystatically. That reduces their total image size 147 MB
- Deprecated and removed
luxas/raspbianin favor for plain
master.jsonto the hyperkube image so it's easy to spin up a one-node cluster as
docker.mdin official docs does.
- Using @hypriot's prebuilt Go tarballs for
luxas/go. Will switch to official
- Added experimental RancherOS to
sdcard/write.sh, but no Kubernetes rootfs is available yet
sdcard/writesupport for Raspberry Pi 3, but yet only with
- Made the storage driver easily changeable with the
- Changed indentation to spaces instead of tabs for the most of the files. Also trying to end all files with a newline.
sleepbased timeouts in kube-config for condition based loops, makes it faster and more reliable
- Added a debugging option in
K8S_DEBUG=1before the command.
- Fixed a HypriotOS/
.deb-file issue where
- More reliable SD Card creation by using
- Lowered the
podEvictionTimeoutas @saturnism suggested
- Changed proxying mode to
iptablesfor better performance.
- Added a script for cross-compiling Kubernetes to ARM 64-bit on a
- Other minor enhancements, improvements and bug fixes are included too.
Get the binaries:
curl -sSL https://github.com/luxas/kubernetes-on-arm/releases/download/v0.7.0/binaries.tar.gz | tar -xz -C /usr/bin
Load the images:
curl -sSL https://github.com/luxas/kubernetes-on-arm/releases/download/v0.7.0/images.tar.gz | gzip -dc | docker load
The images are also available on Docker Hub.
Install the latest
wget https://github.com/luxas/kubernetes-on-arm/releases/download/v0.7.0/kube-systemd.deb dpkg -i kube-systemd.deb