Remail is RESTful email for Rails.
Forget configuring SMTP servers and queues, just use Remail. Remail uses Google App Engine to send and receive emails RESTfully.
- ActionMailer POSTs emails to your Remail App Engine in order to send them
- Remail POSTs received emails back to a configurable URL
- Remail will retry the callback if the endpoint is not available
- Configure settings.yaml:
- Create a random api_key, for example using uuidgen.
- Add a publicly accessible callback url.
- Create a Google App Engine application.
- Configure app.yaml with the new app id.
- Upload the engine to Google App Engine (see their docs)
- Install the Remail gem (sudo gem install remail).
- Attachment support.